Why Choose SSIPs
- SSIP construction can be built to any code.
- Testing was done in accordance with International Code Council (ICC-ES) requirements for Sandwich Panels.
- All structures are based on the stringent testing requirements and protocol of Florida State Building/Florida Product Approval Code Commission, ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials), UL (Underwriters Laboratory) extensive testing guidelines.
- Fire Resistant (up to 1 hour).
- Load Bearing Ranges/Engineered Load Span Tables.
- Quality Control Manufacturing Program monitored and inspected by independent QC auditors.
- SSIPs Use 50%-60% less energy than other building systems.
- High Thermal Resistance R-Values 4.25 per inch up to R-70.
- Resistant To fire, mold, mildew and termites.
- SSIP structures have higher indoor air quality.
- 3X Stronger than stick framing, insurance costs can be as much as 50% less.
- An ORNL Study found that SSIPs perform at 97% of R-Value losing only 3%.
- Resistant To winds up To 190mph and earthquake up To 8.3 Seismic.
- A small 400 sf home can be erected on an existing concrete slab by a crew of four in three days.
- Less expensive to build than a traditional concrete block structure.
- Cost to manufacture in Haiti is 1/4 the cost if imported.
- More than 100 SSIP structures erected in Haiti since the January 2010 earthquake.
- Can build up to 3-stories in height.
For low-rise buildings, SSIP structures are superior in every way. Since they are manufactured in a controlled plant environment, the end product is extremely uniform in strength and performance.